BLACK RICE PUDDING
This recipe is a nutritious breakfast special that you'll keep making again, and again once you've tried it.
- shallow pan
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup organic black rice (Gokai)
- 200 ml coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 3 pitted dates, thinly sliced
- 5 almonds, diced
- 4 cashews, diced
- 5 raisins
- 3 walnuts, diced
- 2 slices, dried figs (anjeer)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 banana (cut into round slices)/any other fresh fruit of your choice
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a shallow pan.
- Add almonds, cashews, and walnuts, and roast them on a slow flame. This step will bring out the fresh aroma of these ingredients in the pudding.
- When the cashews start to brown, turn off the heat, and remove into a dry bowl.
- Turn the heat to medium, and in the same pan, pour the coconut milk, add the cooked black rice, add the sliced dates, and bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Remove it into a serving bowl, and garnish with the roasted dry fruits, raisin, and banana slices.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of honey over the pudding, and serve immediately.
This pudding also tastes delicious chilled. To serve chilled, refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.